2 days/1 night
Doi Inthanon Soft Adventure Trek
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Doi Inthanon is Thailand's highest peak, rising to 2,565 metres above sea level. As part of a National Park, this area is covered with evergreen forest, has splendid views, refreshing waterfalls and few hill-tribe villages. The perfect trip for nature lovers.
Discover this soft adventure with The Wild Planet and experience an overnight stay in a local hill tribe village. Hike in the forest and explore the summit of Doi Inthanon, the top of Thailand!
Day 1 - Trek, overnight in hill-tribe village
08:30, meeting at your hotel by our ActiveThailand guide and depart by private vehicle heading South-West. We reach the mountain top for exploration and a short trek on a scenic wooden pathway called the "Angka" trail. Continue to visit the two pagodas near the summit, offering fantastic views of the valley. After lunch at local restaurant depart for a two hours hike reaching a small Karen hilltribe village where we will spend the night. A gourmet Thai dinner is prepared by your guide.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2 - Trek, waterfall, and back to Chiang Mai
After breakfast, we start hiking from our village on the mountain, passing jungle forest and cultivated valleys in a scenic area on the foot-hills of the Doi Inthanon. See shimmering rice paddies and ethnic Karen villagers. Meet with our vehicle and transfer to Vachiratarn waterfall, one of the park's many waterfalls for a local Thai style picnic lunch. Afternoon relax and explore the area before transfer back to Chiang Mai, eventually stopping at the Chomtong Temple for a brief visit.
Drop off at any hotel or Chiang Mai airport.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch
- All transfers by private a/c vehicle with English speaking guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation is basic dormitory style in village huts with toilet and shower outside.
- We provide sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets.
- Meals as mentioned: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.
- Personal expenses, beverages, tips and optional excursion.
Our vehicle meets participants at hiking places and can access the overnight village, therefore participants don't need to carry luggage while hiking.
Recommended items to take on this trek, all packed in small backpack.
- Good pair of running shoes, or lightweight trekking shoes, with socks.
- T-shirts (cotton), one short or long pant.
- Towel (or sarong), swimming suits, toilet and personal effects.
- Personal prescription drugs, contact lenses, glasses.
- Sun-cream (waterproof), hat, sunglasses.
- Warm outfit as fleece, sweater or jogging suit.
- Flashlight, camera and films.
- Small days pack to carry water and other belonging while hiking.
The itinerary/route is for guideline only and can slightly change according to the season, local conditions, climate, or participant's fitness or abilities.